General Scholarship Information
over 2 years ago
A brief guide to applying for scholarships.
1) Utah College Scholarships: 90% of all scholarships awarded to students come from the institution the student attends. Awards primarily consist of academic merit, talent or skills based, diversity, leadership, departmental, or by student financial need (i.e., low estimated family contribution, EFC, as determined by completion of the FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
BYU - CEU - Dixie - LDSBC - SLCC - Snow - SUU - UCAT - UofU - UVU - USU - Weber - Westminster
2) State Scholarships: Scholarships offered by the Utah State Office of Education and the Utah System of Higher Education.
Centennial Scholarship - Students are eligible to receive a $250 tuition waiver ($1,000 max) for every quarter in which they graduate early. Contact your RHS counselor for more information.
Amount: $250 to $1,000.
Robert C. Byrd - Students must be a senior, accepted into a college or university, have at least a 3.7 GPA, and a 25 or higher on the ACT.
Amount: $1,500 a year for up to four years.
Deadline: Late March
Regents Scholarship -The Regents' Scholarship encourages Utah high school students to prepare for college academically and financially by taking a core course of study and saving for college. The scholarship may be used at any public college or university in the Utah System of Higher Education, as well as at Brigham Young University-Provo, LDS Business College, and Westminster College. Please refer to the web site link below for the most current information; rules and deadlines can change each year.
The direct link: http://www.higheredutah.org/scholarship_info/regents-scholarship/
New Century Scholarship - The New Century scholarship encourages students to accelerate their education by earning an Associate's degree in high school from an institution within the Utah System of Higher Education. The scholarship may be used at a 4-year public college or university within the Utah System of Higher Education, as well as at Brigham Young University-Provo and Westminster College. Please refer to the web site link below for the most current information; rules and deadlines can change each year.
3) DHS Advertised Scholarships: Listen to the daily bulletin announcements or check with Mr. Jessen.
4) Military Funding: U.S. Army ROTC - If you are a Scholar, Athlete, and a Leader you can qualify for a $52,800 scholarship through the Army ROTC program. They will hold it if you are planning on going on a mission. There is no obligation the first year. If you decide the Army ROTC is not for you, you can walk away from the scholarship with no commitment to pay back the scholarship. If you are interested in the ROTC please sign up in the Counseling Center.
5) National Website Searches:
Fastweb.com Search over 600,000 scholarships worth over $1 billion dollars. Students can enter a profile of information and have Fastweb match scholarships with a student's abilities, academics, skills, interests, or other identified traits/measures.
6) NextstepU: Enter to win a $10,000 scholarship!
6 months ago
What is UtahFutures?
UtahFutures.org is Utah's one-stop shopping for students to make education and career plans online. Students build this electronic education and career portfolio throughout life, and online access makes it easy for parents to get involved.
UtahFutures.org services are provided free of charge. Personal data entered by the user is not released to third parties without the user's express consent and direction.
Every Duchesne High student already has an account created for them. To login into UtahFutures.org, a student will use his or her SSID number as their username and password. Students may obtain their SSID numbers from Mr. Foster
Education and Training
- Programs of Study - allows you to search for schools that have the programs you're interested in studying
- Scholarship Search - allows you to find scholarships that you are eligible for without the marketing advertisements of other scholarship search engines
- Utah Schools - gives information about the colleges and universities located within the great state of Utah
- ACT Prep - students have access to some great resources on UtahFutures for ACT Prep. For more information about UtahFutures ACT help, please click here.
Career Interest Surveys
- Reality Check - answer questions about the lifestyle you want and the "Reality Check" will give you information about how much money you will need to make and which occupations are able to support that lifestyle.
- Career Cluster Inventory - find out what your interests are and which occupations fall under your interests
...and much much more!!